<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> </head> <body>

aboutlinksarchivesbambicecilia

our mission



fashionartmusicpeopleplaceseventsshopsfood // spottedwhat we're wearing


posted on Monday 4 February 2013 @ 14:37 by Anonymous

view post


The Drifters drift into Edinburgh

The 30th of January saw the Drifters come to the Edinburgh Playhouse and, lo and behold, guess who got tickets? Me! They were a Christmas present from my boyfriend and we spent the days leading up to the show listening to the Drifters on repeat, learning the lyrics so we could sing along to the tunes.

We arrived early and got ourselves a drink and some jelly babies... Well, maybe they were just for me... and got ourselves settled into our seats. Upon surveying the theatre it was apparent that 80% of the demographic were over the age of 50, but I didn't care because I love the Drifters and their soothing tones. Their music makes me feel like life isn't quite so bad at times... they also remind me of my mother because I developed my love of the Drifters through her, almost, obsession with them. In fact, I still haven’t told her I went because I was worried she would get jealous and fall out with me!

When the show began I wasn't sure how they would keep the night entertaining because it was as long as a musical at two hours in duration and as there was no story line I worried that the show would become repetitive, but I need not have worried because they pulled it off brilliantly! There were old songs, new songs, covers, some history on the Drifters, some purely instrumental parts, dance routines, costume changes, stage props and solo numbers! I couldn't have asked for more! They even got the whole crowd up dancing and boogying away and a great night was had by all, even my boyfriend who put up with my comments about how sexy the singers were in their different suits.





If you are interested in this style of soul/jazz/doo-wop music then I would definitely advise going to see this show. It’s coming back our way in October.  Enjoy!

Labels: , ,


IN-burgh Twitter Feed

Edinburgh:
City Couture & Culture

IN-burgh is your first stop for everything you need to know about current trends and goings on in Scotland's enchanting capital.

Whether it's fashion, music, art, events, exhibitions, people, places, or even if you just want a decent munch, we'll show you the way it's done, Edinburgh-style.

We'll be cutting aboot toon, armed with our cameras, hunting down the city's best dressed, seeking out bangin' hotspots and sharing them all with you.

Follow IN-burgh!